Thursday, January 28, 2010
The New Journey (my new mountain to climb)
Well, my plans to spend the next 6 months back in Peru have been thwarted by a bit of bad luck.
On Dec 10, 2009 I had surgery to remove a mass from my colon and the biopsy confirmed the worst ... invasive Squamous Cell Carcinoma. This is a relatively rare cancer and I am doing all I can to learn about it ... and beat it. Kick ass cancer in the ass!
You can now follow me on this new journey that will take me to some exotic places ... but far different from the wilds of Peru! I will try to update this as often as possible 1) to keep people updated on my progress but 2) and more importantly, to keep myself sane and get my thoughts out in a constructive, cathartic way.
To all of my friends and family who are so supportive of me through this - I can't thank you enough!
~love Lori
PS: you can read some of my adventures in Peru from April 2009 below
__________________________________________________________________________________
On Dec 10, 2009 I had surgery to remove a mass from my colon and the biopsy confirmed the worst ... invasive Squamous Cell Carcinoma. This is a relatively rare cancer and I am doing all I can to learn about it ... and beat it. Kick ass cancer in the ass!
You can now follow me on this new journey that will take me to some exotic places ... but far different from the wilds of Peru! I will try to update this as often as possible 1) to keep people updated on my progress but 2) and more importantly, to keep myself sane and get my thoughts out in a constructive, cathartic way.
To all of my friends and family who are so supportive of me through this - I can't thank you enough!
~love Lori
PS: you can read some of my adventures in Peru from April 2009 below
__________________________________________________________________________________
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Lori - You are such an amazing woman, you ROCK - WE are rooting for you!
ReplyDeleteMe & B