Quote of the Day ...

"To be rich in friends is to be poor in nothing" ~ Lillian Whiting
.... sent to me by Jean to brighten what had been my darkest day.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

If you fail to plan ...

The Preparation.

Ok, I never prepare for any trip. A 6am flight means I do laundry at midnight and pack at 2am and my passport is always in my wallet. I once went to Thailand for 10 days with 6 hrs notice. It was my brother's wedding and I wanted to surprise him ... it is one my fondest memories and best trips ever. :)

How does one decide what to pack in a back pack for 3 weeks? So far, I have bug spray, a bikini and sun glasses. I some how think that won't be enough.

The flight.

I wanted to put first class quotation marks around this 1 star trip and fly business class on points. Air Canada put an end to those thoughts with their "limited seat" option for airmiles. It was a nice thought while it lasted.

I fly to Toronto to meet up with a good chunk of my family before leaving for Peru. It will awesome to see my brand new niece (Caitlyn -- Australian for adorable!) and my incredible other niece Stephanie (who has somehow grown into a wonderful young adult while I blinked my eyes!). Lots more interesting stuff planned for my 12 hrs in Toronto but I'll write about that later.

The planning continues ... (much to my chagrin)

No comments:

Post a Comment