Who knew?
Do you ever reflect back on high school and wonder what you got out of it? Let's see. I learned a few things, some of which I will mention here (the others, we will NOT talk about!):
- I was smarter than the teachers!
- High school is NOT preparation for real life
- The most beneficial class I took was Grade 9 typing ... and I only took that because they wouldn't let me take wood shop during that time period!
- The 2nd most beneficial class I took was a few years of Latin. (yah, well who wanted to take Home Ec!???) All those years wasted on calculus and physics would have been much better spent on typing and margarita's! (errr, I mean languages) ;)
Spanish. I digress.
Spanish lessons. Well, I was never a great student (a good learner, but a horrible student!... and a life-long student ... with too much formal education for my own good!) so, the mere thought of enrolling in a class caused me to open a very expensive bottle of wine to contemplate the very concept of teaching an old dog, a new trick. To the rescue ... one Spanish friend - Jose.
I'm not sure if Jose offered to help me learn Spanish or simply as an excuse to test-drive every Mexican restaurant in town to drink Margarita's??! :) All I can say is that the margarita's are awesome and my Spanish does not seem to be improving. Mucho gracias, Amigo! Is it a coincidence that I am away for Cinco de Mayo? I think not! I shall drink a margarita for all of my friends who have ever uttered the words "muy bueno, si senor, mas tequila, por favor, mas cervacas, or Ola, Amigo!" on a drunken escapade to Mexico to escape the brutality of a northern winter! :) Salud, mis amigos! (I tried to type that without the french accent, did it work?)
Lección siguiente, mañana. Wish me luck and good tequila! :)
Hasta la vez próxima… ("a la prochaine" - en francais). Until next time ...

No comments:
Post a Comment