In reality it’s bullying with a purpose.
At its' core is the desire by close friends/family to change what they think is a destructive behavior on your part. To me, it was the blatant, and rather forceful, removal of my blackberry from my person by my friend Kelly and my brother Mike. While I’m still suffering the pangs of “quitting cold turkey” I do love them for surgically removing my RIM appendage from both me and my trip to Peru. Tough love is the best type of love! I’ll keep telling myself that as every blink of a red flash – (any where! … darn those traffic lights!) beckons me like a nursing mother running to her crying child … or a recently reformed smoker as he walks that 5.1m past the doorway of an office building or restaurant. Oooooommmmmmmm …. Breath deeply. Let go …. I will survive.
In the meantime, I am relishing in the memories of my new niece Caitlyn (Australian for "adorable"!).

If I receive an email or phone call at all during your trip (other than one of emergency life and death proportion), I will hold your blackberry hostage for another 2 weeks after your return.
ReplyDeleteTough love,
Kelly