Quote of the Day ...

"To be rich in friends is to be poor in nothing" ~ Lillian Whiting
.... sent to me by Jean to brighten what had been my darkest day.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Lima, the adventure begins.

Today.

I saw a man. An older man. In the park, high above the ocean, reading. A book. "Amor".

I saw a couple. Locked in an embrace that will transcend time. The Statue "el Besso" (the kiss) by sculptor Victor Delfin.

Under that statue, another couple, just married. Locked in an embrace that will hopefully transcend time. In a park. Parque del Amor. Love Park.

I saw a dog. A big, beautiful black labrador. Locked in an embrace with her tennis ball. Folicking in a fountain on a hot day.

I saw an oasis. Ahead on my walk through Miraflores. A commercial oasis. Good god! There is a Hooters ... and KFC and Chili's and Tony Roma's and everything else that is wrong with the
world. I walked back. I did a u-turn and walked back to park of amor. It was prettier there.


No comments:

Post a Comment