Quote of the Day ...

"To be rich in friends is to be poor in nothing" ~ Lillian Whiting
.... sent to me by Jean to brighten what had been my darkest day.

Friday, February 19, 2010

The Bubble is Bursting

I've had so much good luck and good news lately that I guess I was living in a false sense of security that I could just control all aspects of treatment and sail through.  Well, apparently that is not so. 

The BIG goal was to get through chemo-radiation with as few side-effects as possible to get to the next 2 rounds of chemo on Feb 23 and 24.   So far, I'm having few, if any, side effects of radiation and I got through the few 2 rounds of chemo with flying colours ...  and I'm feeling great.  There's no reason I can't get the next 2 rounds of chemo, right?   Wrong.   I look good, I feel great but my bloodwork is not in the same great shape.   Obviously the chemo is working and has attacked my cells ability to reproduce but it seems to have attacked my white blood cells and platelet cells in a way that may be too dangerous to continue.  

I got that news yesterday (thank god Lin was there with me) and it hit me like a ton of bricks.  I absolutely believe that I  will get through this with hardly a blink but I hadn't factored in this ... at all!   There are more bloodwork tests today and then again on Monday to hopefully show that my blood has reached nadir (the low point) and is recovering well enough to continue treatment.   All your powerful thoughts and prayers are REALLY needed and appreciated right now. 

Stay tuned for a more positive update ...    Thanks everybody!

1 comment: