Quote of the Day ...

"To be rich in friends is to be poor in nothing" ~ Lillian Whiting
.... sent to me by Jean to brighten what had been my darkest day.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Random Thoughts of the Week ...

  • How can one day be so bad (Meltdown Monday) and the next day be so good?? I'm very happy today is Tuesday! (just say NO to anti-nausea drugs with wild side effects!!)
  • How do friends just "know" the RIGHT time to do something special for you?? 
  • Why do they keep the TV in the Radiation waiting room on "Curling"??  If I wanted to listen to a bunch of women yell & scream at each other, throw things on the floor and then sweep up after them ... I would go to Ranchmans Bar on a Friday night!  :) 
  • Why is there a life-sized painted cow in the waiting room in the Radiation Unit?  (more on that later)
  • Why do I have to take metamucil, a laxative and immodium ... all at the same time??  Do 3 wrongs make a right??  :)
  • My hair is getting dry and brittle .... effects of chemo?  Or just Alberta winter air??  dunno ..
and ...

  • how is it possible to feel so lucky while in a situation such as I'm in??  (I really do!)

3 comments:

  1. Okay, maybe they show the curling because the people in the waiting room would really like to "yell & scream at each other, throw things on the floor"! Sweeping up, that's just Canajans being polite. - Suzan Z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do I have to take metamucil, a laxative and immodium ... all at the same time?? Do 3 wrongs make a right?? :)
    Seems like one side has more players than the other! Suzan Z. (again)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope next week is better. By the way just wanted to say that the picture at the top is so inspiring.

    Why do they have cows on the ceiling?????

    If I heard one more Hurry Hard on TV , you would have needed to give me the metamucil, a laxative and immodium (which seems counter productive to the first 2.) Jean

    ReplyDelete